I have been playing with OroPlatform (but using OroCRM as my example application) since Beta1. Hopefully others that have feedback can post here too.
This is with Beta3:
– The system is getting better and better. I particularly like the use of Google Maps when selecting a Contact in OroCRM. Very nice visually and usability is excellent.
– The import and export options to/from CSV are really great and a massive positive for business users (in my experience).
– Errors with Filters: getting [object Object] values when clicking the dropdown buttons on the Contacts page of OroCRM. Not present in Beta2.
– Sometimes receive errors when viewing the Data Audit. (Key “old” for array with keys “id” does not exist in OroDataAuditBundle:Datagrid:Property/data.html.twig at line 19). I think the database gets out of synch because of how the datafixtures are loaded during install which is logged but does not have a previous value. Probably need some error handling for this case as it is the first thing many users will see. Present in Beta2.
– Still getting errors in Chrome: GET http://localhost//_wdt/4e4ec6 404 (Not Found) jquery-1.10.2.js:8706 I think this may be the function that records users movements so the ‘History’ and ‘Most Viewed’ sections can be populated as it happens every page change. Present in Beta2 too.
– Because you have extended the SelectList to create the MultiSelectList you have the option to add an ‘All’ value. This is a problem because the ‘All’ is in the same scope as the other values and requires you to selectively tick the ‘All’ or untick it depending on the values selected. This is different to the default MultiSelect widget where ‘Select All’ and ‘Unselect All’ are in a differet scope to the vales and call the SelectAll function when clicked. This is much easier to manage. An example of this would be if you filter by Country on the OroCRM Contacts section you have the value All. If this is selected then any other value is selected then ‘All’ should no longer be selected.
– Installer (install.sh) will fail due to a hardcoded path to the TestFrameworkBundle which is incorrect:
php app/console doctrine:fixtures:load –fixtures=src/Oro/src/Oro/Bundle/TestFrameworkBundle/Fixtures/ –append –no-debug –no-interaction –env $ENV
php app/console doctrine:fixtures:load –fixtures=vendor/oro/platform/src/Oro/Bundle/TestFrameworkBundle/Fixtures/ –append –no-debug –no-interaction –env $ENV
Changes I would like:
– A left vertical menu instead of the top horizontal menu. This is because so many screens are widescreen these days which means that vertical screen space is limited (i.e. my screen width is 1600 but height is 900). By moving the menu to the left it would provide much more visibility on laptops and mobile devices. I think this is why most sites do it this way now e.g. Gmail
– The workflow config is a bit complex but that is something I know will improve.
– The require.js portion of the installer is extremely slow. Is there a way to increase the speed? (maybe my computer is slow)
Nice to Have:
– Mobile version of the site where a different skin is used when a request is received from a mobile device.
– LDAP Authentication given that this is a business application platform and should be able to run in an enterprise environment.
The forum ‘OroPlatform – Installation/Technical Issues or Problems’ is closed to new topics and replies.